We are happy to announce that we are now stocking Milled Lead in both Southport and Maghull.
What is the difference between milled and cast lead?
- Milled lead is manufactured by passing a solid slab of lead back and forth on a rolling mill between closing rollers.
- Machine cast lead, on the other hand, is produced by dipping a rotating water- cooled drum into a bath of molten lead.
- Milled production method makes sure that each roll of lead is of a similar thickness along the entire length of the roll.
- Machine cast lead production means that cast lead can never match the exact tolerance as that of milled lead.
- High quality machine cast lead has a British Board of Agrément 86/1764 accreditation
- Milled high quality rolled sheet has a British Standard 12588
Shop By Category:
£0.00items in cart, view bag